FULL ONE-YEAR WARRANTY
ECD is proud to offer a full one-year warranty on our kitchen transformation product. This warranty applies from the date of purchase, subject to the exclusions provided in the appropriate section.
EXCLUSIVE LIMITED FIVE-YEAR WARRANTY
An exclusive limited five-year warranty from the manufacturer is offered on melamine products against manufacturing defects from the date of purchase on the following parts: doors, drawer veneers and case fronts, interior accessories, hardware and mouldings, subject to the exclusions given in the Warranty Exclusions section.
EXCLUSIVE LIMITED 12-YEAR WARRANTY
An exclusive limited 12-year warranty from the manufacturer is offered on polymer products against manufacturing defects from the date of purchase on the following parts: doors, drawer veneers and case fronts, interior accessories, hardware and mouldings, subject to the exclusions given in the Warranty Exclusions section.
No warranty will be applied for all materials (melamine, laminate and polyester) in the following circumstances:
- Maintenance done against the instructions given in the manufacturer’s warranty
- Abusive use
- Product was modified or repaired by a person not employed by ECD
- Water damage
- High temperature damage
- Vapour damage
- Adjustments made to doors and drawers
- Adjustments made to door hinges, drawer runners and pulls and knobs
Exclusions specific to melamine, laminate and veneers
In the case of boils or delamination, ECD reserves the right, after assessing the materials, to reject any claim that could result from misuse or inappropriate maintenance.
Exclusions specific to all countertops
Exclusions specific to all laminate countertops
- Joint expansion
Exclusions specific to all granite countertops
- The sealer must be applied according to the provider’s specifications. Failure to do so will result in the rejection of the claim.
Exclusions specific to all wood countertops
Hardware, sinks, and valves and fittings
These products are not manufactured by ECD. Therefore, the warranty provided by the applicable manufacturer applies.
We recommend that you take note of the materials’ characteristics and read the maintenance manuals provided for each. Doing so will help you better understand the exclusions of our warranty program.
Application of the warranty
Should a defect surface during the term of the warranty, ECD will decide, at our own discretion, if the product shall be repaired or replaced with a product of equal value, with respect to the following provisions:
- ECD cannot warrant that the finish of the replacement parts will be identical to their originals. Different production lots can show variances in colour. Also, each part can be unique and change throughout the years.
- The replacement will be carried out according to the product availability at the time of the claim. Should the product be discontinued or unavailable at that moment, ECD will fulfil the warranty in accordance with one of the following options:
- ECD will substitute the defective part by a new similar or equivalent part or a new model that could provide the right fit.
- Should substitution be impossible, ECD will assist you in the selection of another solution. If this other solution exceeds the value of the original part, ECD will credit the value of the original part, and will not assume the exceeding cost of the replacement part.